Ignite the Night with G Adventures
Happy Birthday G Adventures! Last Tuesday, G Adventures hosted a fundraising party celebrating 25 years in business in style at the Distillery’s Fermenting Cellar (28 Distillery Lane).
The theme was “Ignite the Night” and what a celebration it was! The evening featured a fire artist, food, beverages, art, music, lots of cool travel stuff, and a grand prize of a free trip for two to Thailand. All proceeds went to Planeterra Foundation, G Adventures’ non-profit organization, which helps sustainable tourism.
The host of the night, T.O.’s own Kardinal Offishall, introduced Bruce Poon Tip, president of G Adventures, and Gary Knell, President and CEO of the National Geographic Society on stage for some exciting announcements, such as:
• “Go With The Flow” – G Adventures‘ new 2016 river cruise programs, to hit waterways in the Amazon, the Mekong, the Ganges and the canals of France’s wine country.
• “The Lando” – G Adventures‘ newest addition into the land cruising adventure. The Lando was inspired to be the most modern bus, with all the amenities of home in the most remote areas of the world.
• “50 in 5” – Over the next 5 years, G Adventures is committed to raising $5 million dollars to establish 50 new development projects that will benefit thousands. Five new projects have been announced for the end of 2015:
o Northern Thailand – Redefining Hill Tribe Trekking, this project brings travelers to three different indigenous communities helping to generate employment.
o Australia – Providing travel industry education to Queensland’s young Jirrbal Aboriginal people so they can work closer to home and preserve ancient traditions.
o Galápagos – Launching community-based tourism on Floreana so that the local economy can benefit from overnight stays, and creating employment for youth and women.
o Colombia – Working with indigenous communities in the Sierra Nevada to help them benefit from tourism while protecting their heritage and culture.
o Women on Wheels – Empowering disadvantaged women to become drivers in the travel industry, while providing safe transport for female travelers.
• “Do Big Small Things” – Bruce Poon Tip’s newest novel to hit bookstores on October 27.
• “National Geographic Journeys” with G Adventures – Launching December 15, 2015. A collaboration between two renowned companies with similar core values: social responsibilities and positive impact in the travel industry. The new project provides meaningful and accessible ways to destinations worldwide.
“We are thrilled to be working with National Geographic—an organization that shares our values and a similar approach to travel—to offer our guests unique experiences that will forever change their expectations of travel,” said Bruce Poon Tip.
“Our partnership with G Adventures adds an exciting and accessible range of travel opportunities to our portfolio of extraordinary ways to explore the planet. We’re excited to invite travelers around the world to experience the destinations they’ve dreamed about, get to know people in other cultures and make a positive impact while doing it,” added Gary Knell.
It was truly and exciting evening, as there were dancers and a drum procession from Rio to hit the stage. The best surprise was how one of my fellow bloggers; Terrence Yeh won the grand prize of a trip to Thailand!
G Adventures sure knows how to throw a party, and I am pretty sure they know how to travel!
(photos by Phil Wong)pictures also available on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Fashionecsta
follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/FashionEcstasy
follow us on instagram: @fashionecstasy