Jeanne Beker & Kreesha Turner Introduce Toronto Eaton Centre’s New Christmas Programs
To kick off Christmas season, Toronto Eaton Centre lit their new, awe-inspiring 50-foot Christmas tree and six giant aluminum and LED reindeer on November 15, 2012.
The evening celebrated the best in holiday music with performances by Kreesha Turner and select participants from Toronto Eaton Centre’s Urban Mic program. Jeanne Beker, host of the evening, introduced us to Toronto Eaton Centre‘s new Christmas-inspired programs that will be running throughout the season.
“Toronto Eaton Centre has proudly hosted holiday festivities for Torontonians and tourists alike for many years,” said Meredith Vlitas, Senior Marketing Director, Toronto Eaton Centre. “In keeping with that tradition, we are excited to announce our re-vamped Christmas program; a contemporary spin on classic holiday favourites.”
Toronto Eaton Centre‘s 2012 Christmas program includes:
- Christmas Jukebox – Premiering on November 15, 2012, the Christmas Jukebox, located right under the tree in Centre Court, will allow visitors to pick their favourite holiday songs to be played in real-time.
- Holiday Flip Books – Running every Saturday from noon to 6:00 p.m., guests can use this fun and interactive alternative to the traditional “Christmas family portrait” to sing and dance to their favourite carols to create a personalized flip book that guests can take home for FREE.
- Skype with Santa – Returning on November 17, 2012, families can chat with Santa live from the North Pole by booking their free Skype with Santa session starting November 9, 2012 at torontoeatoncentre.com. Santa is available every day from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Story Time with Santa – Families are invited to join Jolly Old Saint Nick in the ‘North Pole’ on weekend morning for an hour-long experience with Santa. Sessions take place Saturday and Sundays from November 17th to December 23rd from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and are completely free. Registration for Story Time with Santa begins November 9, 2012 at torontoeatoncentre.com.
- Gift Wrapping Valet – Starting December 1, 2012, a new gift wrapping program allows guests to drop off their just-purchased items at Guest Services Level 2 and select one of our five signature wrapping papers. In about an hour, gifts are professionally wrapped and ready to go under the tree, for FREE!
- Personal Shoppers – Fashion, style, and tech experts will help visitors find the right gifts, decorations, and holiday party outfits to get them through the Christmas season. The Toronto Eaton Centre holiday personal shopping service runs from November 20 to December 22, 2012 each day between 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Sessions are 90 minutes long and can be booked as of November 9, 2012 at torontoeatoncentre.com.
- Black Friday – On November 23, 2012, Toronto Eaton Centre will extend its hours opening at 6:00 a.m. and closing at 9:30 p.m.; the first 100 shoppers to arrive at Guest Services (level 2) will receive a $10 Cadillac Fairview shop! card® gift card.
Toronto Eaton Centre will provide holiday services from November 15, 2012 through until Christmas Eve, allowing guests to participate in the events at their convenience.
“Toronto Eaton Centre is committed to providing innovative activities and a stress-free holiday shopping experience for our guests this Christmas,” said Vlitas. “We look forward to welcoming guests throughout the season and for the kick-off to holiday shopping, Black Friday.”
About Toronto Eaton Centre
Stretching two full city blocks North from Yonge and Queen and one city block west from Yonge and Dundas, Toronto Eaton Centre is among Canada’s most recognizable landmarks, and one of the country’s best-known retail shopping destinations. With more than 235 retailers, restaurants and services in the heart of downtown, Toronto Eaton Centre is the city’s premier urban destination. Toronto Eaton Centre is owned and managed by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Ltd, one of North America’s largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more information about the Toronto Eaton Centre, visit torontoeatoncentre.com.
follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/FashionEcstasy
follow us on instagram: @fashionecstasy