Nine West Fall/Winter 2017 Shoes & HandBags Collection Preview
Nine West held its Fall/Winter 2017 collection preview at District 28, giving us a first look at what fashionistas will be wearing later this year. Since 1978, Nine West has been setting the trends in shoes, handbags, and accessories for women.
The new 9×9 Technology line mixes comfort and style to create the shoes that one can wear all day and all night. The nine components are key in creating the perfect shoe.
- The Motion Flex incorporates motion stability bridge, which increases flexibility throughout the shoe.
- Reactive Inner Sole adapts and flexes to your step.
- Shock Absorbers cushion the balls of the foot.
- Molded Sole are ultra flexible and helps endurance.
- Non-Slip traction pad stabilizes balance.
- Extra Heel Support areheel protecting memory foam cushions.
- Stability has layers of interlock technology adds support),
- Breathable linings provide ventilation
- Comfort Fit Construction has pillow soft uppers that add lightness.
The 9×9 Technology means one can truly live in the shoes.
There are few exciting themes in F/W2017. The Military Luxe trend has polished brass military buttons, detailed grommets studs and piping and gold embroidery. Camouflage was even seen on the handbags.
Modern Opulence is all about fabricated detail. There are satin tassels, glittered ombre and clustered jewels. Printed velvets and brocade are everywhere. There are lots of florals on both low and high heels, booties, and sneakers. The adorable fireflies pop up on shoes and handbags. Colours are rich with soft purples, black, white and yellow florals. Black and silver, gray and cream.
Clean Slate is classic and minimalist inspired. The Cavanagh bootie has cylindrical mid heels, which mixes classic and modern. Mary Jane has been brought back with a twist, using buckle and bows on black heels and ballerina flats. Ribbon details on backs of boots add sexiness to a classic look. Lots of black and grays, which can be worn with any outfit.
Velvet loafers in gray, black with gold trimmed and clear, lucid heels, were quite memorable. Red velvet slingbacks are a necessity for any shoe lover. And who can resist feathers with jewels on open toed shoes and purses? Black and white gingham loafers and heels, embroidered floral shoes and bags were also lovely. Backpacks with matching shoes make for a fun look.
(photos by Sally Warburton)
All of the aspects of the collection will make on truly Stand Out. Nine West Fall/Winter 2017 collection is now available in stores and online.